I am a professional who, out of desperation, decided to sign a contract with Credit Solutions of America, Inc.to help negotiate my debt settlement needs.

They collected almost $2500 from me before I realized that I was being scammed. I am currently suing credit solutions of america for "stealing" my money under the auspices of the unfair trade agreement act and am wondering if anyone knows if they are in any sort of current bankruptcy status or if they have any class action lawsuits against them.

If there is anyone from CT, I would love to hear your story, and I will in turn, tell you mine...Thanks, Jessica

Had an Experience with Credit Solutions Of America?

Comments

The same thing happened to me 4 years ago I signed with them we were paying our bills through them (supposedly) they said we could pay all bills off within 36 months, within 6 months we were going to court.

Now we have liens against us

Also the bills they did supposedly pay off I am now receiving bills 4 years later. What did they do with my money?

Si eu am fost pacalita am platit 476 lei pentru diferite servicii si creditul nu mi sa dat

Credit Solutions did not tell me that the portion that is "supposedly written off" that you don't have to pay, is considered "income" and I was 1099's on about 20,000 that I ended up having to pay income tax on for 2010 taxes.

1. Written by credit counselor, on 15-04-2011 23:16

Im reading these stories, and I have to tell you all...settling your debt is just as bad as filing Bankruptcy. You dont pay your debt. period. Paying a percentage of the debt is still NOT PAYING YOUR DEBT. Your credit reports/scores will reflect that. Honestly, using an accredited debt credit counseling agency is the best way to go. You still pay your debt. In full. With stopped late fees, much lower interest rates. Accounts brought out of collections in many cases. Counselors who are a phone call away-anytime. Working over budgets to make sure you can pay the debt. Bankruptcy counseling if needed in several states. Call American Financial Solutions. I am a certified credit counselor, certiflied bankruptcy counselor. I am also a client. I've paid over $50k of credit card debt off in 5 years. Interest rates that were 29% were dropped to 3 and 6%...a few even dropped to 0%. My credit score was below 500 when started...w/i 6 months it was up over 150 points. I am almost done. My debt is almost completely pd off. Just bought my first house w/an interest rate of 2%...bought a car-brand new...interest on the loan...1%. My credit score is now almost 800. Call them. Someone will be able to help you. 888-282-5494.

www.myfinancialgoals.org

I WAS RIPPED OFF BY CREDIT SOLUTION I GAVE THEM $750 DOLLARS THEY NEVER HELPED ME IN ANY WAY .LAWERS GOT INVOLED GARNISHED MY WAGES. I ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK THEY HUNG UP THE PHONE.I WOULD LOVE TO SUE THESE CROOKS.

I paid in almost $4,000 before I found out I was being ripped off.They never contacted any of my debtors and the only thing that they did do was drop me for non-payment.

I was sued and my wages were garnished.I have only begun my fight for what is right.

dodes71

I would like to know where to start with the suing process, they ripped me off too.Even after I cancelled they are still taking money out of my account.

This company need to be shut down. They did nothing for me except for making my credit score even lower and taking my money.

Let me know if you know where I could get started.Thank You

I worked there for about a year. I had so much trouble sleeping at night knowing how little the company did for the consumer I finally quit. Rumor has it that they are being sued by the Texas AG.

I too had the privilage of dealing with them.I was under the assumption that for a monthly fee, they would help settle my debt.

Turns out all they do is for that monthly fee, is contact your creditors and attempt to settle.

Most creditors wouldn't even deal with them.Do not get caught up in their scams, simply contact your creditors and work out a payment plan.

Have you sued them?